3800V6 Exhaust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800V6 Exhaust??

Hey, I just bought a 1997 Camaro RS 30th ann. with the 3.8L, and I was wondering what the loudest, best-sounding exhaust is for this engine?... I previously drove a 1989 Camaro RS upon which I installed a dynomax muffler, with 3 inch pipes from the cat back, I was quite dissapointed in the sound of the dynomax muffler, so any suggestions or maybe clips would be appreciated . . .

Re: 3800V6 Exhaust??

Where you clicked on the button that said "new thread", just under that is a section with "stickies" The first sticky is sound clips for exhaust.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

borla is the best, and most expensive.
      ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

here are the clips:
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=59728

Comment

k thanks... and yea my bro has ordered an American Thunder cat-back from flowmaster for his camaro (also a 97 w/ a 3.8 but he has a 5spd rather than auto like mine), so I'll look and if nobody has posted a clip of that exhaust I'll do so . . .

Comment

"what the loudest, best-sounding exhaust is"

doesn't make sense with our cars. louder you go the worse they sound. you need a good medium

Comment

yea you have a point there, i remember my older bro's old 94 3.4 got ricey above 4 or 4 1/2

^^ that was american thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 97_3800RS
                Hey, I just bought a 1997 Camaro RS 30th ann. with the 3.8L, and I was wondering what the loudest, best-sounding exhaust is for this engine?... I previously drove a 1989 Camaro RS upon which I installed a dynomax muffler, with 3 inch pipes from the cat back, I was quite dissapointed in the sound of the dynomax muffler, so any suggestions or maybe clips would be appreciated . . .
                Loudest is easy....no exhaust after the y-pipe. Best-sounding varies from person to person, and often has more to do with what's infront of you, rather than behind you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X