anybody with pacesetters and abbott racing gaskets.....help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody with pacesetters and abbott racing gaskets.....help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody with pacesetters and abbott racing gaskets.....help

how long have you had this combination and does it now leak? thanks!
    2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Re: anybody with pacesetters and abbott racing gaskets.....help

they shouldnt leak as long as you install them right.
    ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

I've had mine for about a month and a half and they do leak some. BUT, I still haven't gotten under there and retightened the bolts, so that should fix it once I get it done.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I retightened the bolts after like 2 weeks but i have a problem with the egr but thats about it, i think im just going to JB weld it

Comment

as long as you are checking your bolts a couple times for the first couple weeks there will be no issues with them. People that have issues with them leaking are the ones that tighten them the first time then forget to do it for a couple weeks and then run into problems.

Usually the EGR is the biggest culprit for leaks with these headers
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            as long as you are checking your bolts a couple times for the first couple weeks there will be no issues with them. People that have issues with them leaking are the ones that tighten them the first time then forget to do it for a couple weeks and then run into problems.

Usually the EGR is the biggest culprit for leaks with these headers
            yep, gotta check those bolts, my Y pipe bolts loosened alot mroe than the header bolts did but you still have to check them.

tighten all the bolts and see if it still leaks. ive had no issues with my abbott gaskets.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i've had my pacesetters and abbott gaskets for almost a year, and no leaks from the head

Comment

mine are good. Just the egr and ypipe connections leak.
                Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

thanks for the replies guys.
                  2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

i re-used the stock gaskets first and had leaks. Switched to Abbott and no problems. Have had them on for ~6,000 miles. Still have an EGR leak that I have been trying to fix. I am actually going to use some exhaust sealant tonight and see if that fixes it.
                    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X