Next Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Mod?

I was wandering what my next step should be for performance modifications or basic matenance that would improve performance. I have a 97 firebird with 105,000 miles and with a 80 series flowmaster muffler and a k&n filter, but when the owner before me had it put on, he didnt put the full catback system on, so the intermediate pipe is still the stock 2-1/4 in. but they had a short 2-1/2 in. tube welded to the 2-1/4 so the muffler would fit. any help is welcomed, thanks.

Re: Next Mod?

headers, gears, lsd if u dont have one.. Or suspension urpgrades!! Good luck...

Comment

From the factory it has the Y87 package with the posi rear and a 3.42 ratio, so drivetrain isnt much of an issue at the moment.

Comment

Converter, AWESOME bang for the buck mod, anything between 3000-4000 stall depending on how much you drive on the street. Some good shock too, adjustables. QA1 makes awesome shocks, though a bit pricey. The Flowmaster 80 series is another restriction, I would ditch it for a Magnaflow or just straight pipe and dual outs.

Comment

Finish off the exhaust, upgrade all the piping so you dont have any bottlenecks. Is the intake JUST the filter or is it the "ram air" setup? Go ahead and do that if its nothing but the filter.. Get an aluminum driveshaft and maybe a shift kit.
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
            Finish off the exhaust, upgrade all the piping so you dont have any bottlenecks. Is the intake JUST the filter or is it the "ram air" setup? Go ahead and do that if its nothing but the filter.. Get an aluminum driveshaft and maybe a shift kit.
            Yes finish the exhaust, you can get all the exhaust stuff from summit, hi-flow Cat, headers, 3in I and over axle, and you can get a U bent pipe that you can turn into a S-pipe. Then get a cai. . After that Drive shaft, your should be fine with the gears you have now but you can always go 4.10s, and a shift kit. After all the basic mods then find out what path and how far you want to take your car: Drag racing, autox, or just a street monster, N/A, T/C, S/C, No2. Also Searching helps.

Comment

alright thanks guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X