Turbo Project Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Project Update

Hopefully this post makes sense, Im all hopped up on pain killers right now (See Lounge).

UPDATE on turbo project

1. We Installed the boost gauge and moved the nitrous gauge to the center console. We also took out the ashtray and put my nitrous switches there. This ended up taking us several hours cuz of the fab work and all the rewiring.
    We also found that my fuel press gauge sender quit, easy fix though. I will have pics of this soon.

2. Ordered 50mm Tial BOV (got it)

3. Ordered JDM 38mm wastegate (got it)

4. Ordered all necessary clamps and couplers (still in the mail)

5. Installed 36# fuel injectors (tuned it for them too)

6. Ordered Stattama oil adapter fitting (so we wont have to tap the oil pan)

7. Mocked up the kit on the car. We took off my current Y pipe and put on the turbo Y pipe, removed Viper's turbo from his car and put it on mine to check clearances in the engine bay. Also put the down pipe on to see how it was going to fit up. This took quite some time because all the bolts on the old Y pipe were rusted to all hell so we had to cut a few off. Everything looked great. My car will have A LOT more ground clearance than Vipers did when he had this kit cuz I have a 97 tranny, he had a 99 tranny which sits lower.

8. Took off the bumper and figured out how we are going to mount the intercooler. It will need some fab work, but we can make it work...no biggy.

9. Bought used MP T70 turbo from KidCamaro98 (still in the mail). He is upgrading to a ball bearing (his car will be f'ing SICK!). Im upgrading to the MP 70 cuz thats what my Y pipe is flanged for. Plus I'd like to run less boost and some nitrous. With the Garrett, I'd have to run more boost and more nitrous to make the same power. I tried ordering a brand MP T70, but they take several weeks to come in :rolleyes: Plus Andrew knows this turbo and it will be much easier for him to tune the car with it.

10. Had an exhaust shop put new header flanges on my Y pipe cuz they were pretty warped (picked it up yesterday). It was only $30 too :)

For now we are waiting for some parts to come. Once all the parts get here all we need to do is install it and tune it. Install shouldnt take too long now that all the parts have come off once and rusty, crappy bolts/nuts have replaced with new ones so we wont have to fight to get it apart again. We also have a really good idea of what its going to look like since we mocked it up first.

Once everything is installed I'll limp it to the exhaust shop to have the cut out installed and the down pipe welded up. Then tune it and get to the track!

Gross, I just drooled into my lap...
    Last edited by Shodown; 10-05-2007, 01:53 AM.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: Turbo Project Update

haha, well sounds good, definitely going about this project the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown

Thats the best part! :tup:

Your car is gonna be sick, way to go!
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Just make a blog so UDLOSE will stop buggin you :D
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown

Stop making me laugh while eating Doritos
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

sounds like it should be a running little bastard... cant wait to see pics and videos duder. take your time with it and make sure you dont just slap everything together.

hell what am i talking about, you probably know more about this then i do. :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
              sounds like it should be a running little bastard... cant wait to see pics and videos duder. take your time with it and make sure you dont just slap everything together.
              Thats why we took a few days just mock to it up and see if we noticed any problems before we were ready to put it together.

Im kind of in a hurry only becuase Andrew goes to training at the end of the month and all my tools are at his house and we work on it there. If he's not around, I cant do much cuz I dont have a place to work on it :(

I could go to the base hobby shop, but then Im fighting against time while Im there cuz it doesnt stay open very late. Plus, if we run into a problem and have to stop for the day, I'd have to put it completely back together and drive it home. For now, if something happens I can park it at his house temporarily.
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Good job , sounds like everything is falling into place. Can't wait to see it when you get it all done.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

When do you expect to have it running? I'm glad everything is treating you well!

Comment

those injectors seem a wee bit small to me. i know i am running 43.5lb injectors and a 1:1 progressive rate fuel pressure regulator of 12-15 lbs daily. let me know how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius
                      When do you expect to have it running? I'm glad everything is treating you well!
                      Hopefully have it running on the street by 19 Oct and race ready with nitrous by 26 Oct. All depends on what kind of small snags/problems we run into. Also depends on our work schedules.

Originally posted by jrocstar
                      those injectors seem a wee bit small to me. i know i am running 43.5lb injectors and a 1:1 progressive rate fuel pressure regulator of 12-15 lbs daily. let me know how it works out.
                      Injectors should be fine for 10 lbs. I have a Walbro 255 fuel pump as well. Andrew is a hell of tuner and has been doing this a long time, he reccommended the 36's. Plus I have a wideband, so we will be able to tell if it starts getting lean. :)
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

you florida people and being able to drive your cars year-round, makes me sick

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                          you florida people and being able to drive your cars year-round, makes me sick
                          haha! here in pheonix, az winter is the perfect time to goto the track for good weather conditions haha funny to think people up around you store their cars for the winter when in the winter our race cars come out cause in the summer its way too hott to by racing around. total opposites!

Comment

i love AZ, visited there 3 times, wouldnt mind moving there.

Comment

shodown, what is this exactly?

6. Ordered Stattama oil adapter fitting (so we wont have to tap the oil pan)

I have to tap my oil pan for my Turbonetics that i got from factory freak. This part allows to not tap?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X