cheapest...but most affective mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest...but most affective mod?

The only performance mod i have is a flowmaster catback, and i was wondering what my next couple of performance mods should be?

Re: cheapest...but most affective mod?

Whisper airlid or that nice lookin FIPK, gears, lsd, cam, the maybe rockers, port and polished heads. But not to get too far ahead, definitely get rid of that restrictive airlid and baffle. You could even shave the fins out of the current airlid you have. Then get some smooth hose and connect the lid to the TB to get rid of the baffle.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Like Blizzard said, the next mod should be some kind of intake mod. You could have the greates cam on earth but get ****ty times because you're engine's not breathing well enough to produce the power. After the intake, I'd go with a LSD (Limited Slip Differential), gear change, short shifter/shift kit, hi flow cat, headers, then into the valve train with a cam, some rockers, and P&P heads and intake manifolds. Then tie it all together with a dynotune and you'll be rocking one sweet *** ride :D

BTW- This should be in Gen Tech, not Advanced.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Start from the outside (filter/muffler) and work in.
        1998 Camaro A4<br />K&N filter, MSD coils, MSD plug wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Flowmaster exhaust. 10.2@73.5-1/8mi

Comment

get some stickers and some air fresheners, those add at least 15 hp.

Comment

wow, this is as far from "Advanced Engine" as possible

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=65920
            ^stickies exist for a reason

Comment

Gears and limited slip. I put 4.10's in mine (with LSD) and that has made an incredible seat of the pants difference in mostly stock car. It totally changed the way the vehicle drives. LSD b/c since the labor's already done to get to the gears, might as well put that in, and if you get 4.10's you'll most likely need it.

Or do what tko said. I tried that AND teh stickers under the hood mod. I noticed a .5 sec decrease in my ET ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X