Holden Intake Manifold Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden Intake Manifold Opportunity

Hey guys, here is your chance to get a much better intake manifold for our cars. SWAN racing is going to be placing an order with the aussies and get us some manifolds. If you want in let SWAN racing know and you have to pay up front.

I paid for my set and we are waiting for two other people to step up. These manifolds have longer runners and should net some nice torque and power gains. Looks like you will have to modify the top a bit to fit under the wiper arms, but it can be made to work. The sensors all have the same type of hookups as our cars. The stock fbody tb will need an adapter to fit on it, you could also fab it up to mate up to a ls1 tb and maf sensor.

So be one of four total in the USA that will have these intakes on their cars.

So the lower is $250.00 and the upper is $150.00, making the combo $400.00 plus shipping from SWAN (ohio) to you. They did say that they'd include the OEM style O-rings on a combo order.

Payment can be in the form of cashiers check, Money order, personal check or PayPal if you pick up their 3%.

Message ProStreet1 for payment info or more details. :)

http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Re: Holden Intake Manifold Opportunity

Edited,Sorry ,I just read the rest of it, what type of spacer would be need for the TB, and what diameter is the opening for TB on the manifold? Also would I need to modify the TB cable to make it work? Is the lower intake gasket the same and would they send the upper intake gasket?
    Last edited by ssms5411; 12-14-2007, 03:18 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am curious would this be compatable with the 99-02 Drive by Wire throttle body or do you think it would be to much of a hassle to fab up stuff to make it work. Looking at the pictures it seems to me that i would be a big pain in the a** to come up with a part to connect the two toghether. Just me pondering ways to spend money on go fast parts... :naughty:
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro
        I am curious would this be compatable with the 99-02 Drive by Wire throttle body or do you think it would be to much of a hassle to fab up stuff to make it work. Looking at the pictures it seems to me that i would be a big pain in the a** to come up with a part to connect the two toghether. Just me pondering ways to spend money on go fast parts... :naughty:
        Go look over at fullthrottlev6 Grimm is making a transfer plate for the newer TB's

Comment

I'm not complaining about them getting the lower and upper intakes I think it is great and looks cool, but can they get the lower intake and the holden supercharger where the inlet wraps around to the drivers side? That would be sweet. Or do they have part #'s for them?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am deffinitly gonna go check fullthrottle right now and chack out that thread.

I was reading your reply and i just realized, gotchocmilk39, you live where i was born, sorry i know off topic... :(
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

is that supposed to fit under our hood and dash?!

Comment

Originally posted by rdoms6
                is that supposed to fit under our hood and dash?!
                it will fit under the hood, looks like it might bump into the windshield wiper motor though so some changing near there would be needed.

As for the tb, either the cable or wire units will work, they would just need an adapter plate to mate up to the intake.

Lower intake gasket is the same, they are sending the upper gasket with the units since that is unavailable in the US. You could make your own however later on, it is just a metal gasket.

Comment

that looks like hooking the TB up would be a pain in the ***

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
                    that looks like hooking the TB up would be a pain in the ***
                    then just have an aussie person send ya their stock tb if you guys are that lazy to make other things work. You can probably get a tb from someone down under for 35 bucks plus shipping.

Comment

there are so many more benefits from having this intake manifold than you guys realize. I suggest researching this topic on ftv6 to find out what I'm tlaking about. You'll realize how great of a deal this really is
                      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

what kind of numbers does it make? And it does look like it will be a tight fit under the cowl...

BTW the rwd L67 over there you need the GTP style heads.

Comment

this intake I feel is gonna give us a nice boost in power that we have been missing for years with our current intake design. Just a matter of trying it out and seeing what it does. We have no numbers because this is the first time they have been able to get them shipped over here. Grimm on ftv6 has a set right now in his hands and I have paid for mine and waiting for the order to go through SWAN for it and I will be the second person to try it out on our cars, or the first if I beat Grimm to getting it installed in the spring :) I gotta wait till the snow melts though to try it out so he has that advantage over me.

But there is still a chance to get in on this rare opportunity. You can be one of the first 4 people to have it on your car in the US. That in itself is awesome ;)

Oh yea and look at those runners and then think what we can now do with direct port nitrous. :) Oh yea, plenty of room to tap and then it is hold on time.

Comment

I want one >.> <.< Too bad this chance prolly won't be around when I get the cash :\

Comment

IT reminds me of the box intake on 5.0s...

obviously don't know the numbers on a f-body... but what is it doing on the n/a 3.8L model its coming off of?

Jsut because its a better design doesn't mean its worth it? Example... tubular manifolds vs. headers. The headers are better but.... only net like 3-5 hp more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X