scanner won't read codes on friends v8 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scanner won't read codes on friends v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner won't read codes on friends v8

I know this is a v6 board and all, but my roommate just bought a 97 trans am and the check engine light is on so i thought i'd use my reader and check it out for him.....reader works fine on my v6....but wont even turn on when i plug it into his? any ideas? his car is a 6 speed where mine is an A4....i dont think that would affect it but i dont know enough about pcms to know. any ideas would be great. thanks.

Re: scanner won't read codes on friends v8

Check the fuses in the car.
    sigpic

Comment

been there done that. they're all good....we didn't just check one or two we checked em all....so no problem there.

Comment

what kind of code reader are you using?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

just the basic actron reader that doesn't do anything but give you the code....not battery powered though...in case that was wondered at all. haha.

Comment

It gets power from the OBDII port. The power for the OBDII port is usually on the cigarette lighter fuse. Use a test light or meter and see if you have power at the port. I think it's the bottom right pin is 12V+. Pin #16.

www.obdii.com/connector.html
            sigpic

Comment

alright i will have to do that...thanks for the idea....trouble is i live 2 hours away from him so i won't get that done anytime soon....room with him at school...but schools out :).....when i get the chance i will do that...and maybe revive this post seeing as how it might be dead by then....although if anybody has any other ideas go ahead and throw them out....i'll have a list of things to check next time i see him

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X