How to wire up halo headlights easily. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wire up halo headlights easily.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire up halo headlights easily.

Ok, so. Yay you're all happy to have your new headlights but you don't know what the hell you're doing when it comes to anything under the hood. I'll help you out some with the wiring. This works the same for single or dual halos, I know since I've installed both exactly the same way.

This install turns on the halos the same time you have your front corner marker lights on. If you want to see just your halos at night you'll have to look up that DRL mod. It's as easy as finding a plug and pulling it out. But then you'll have to turn on your lights manually at night for yourself. oh no. I prefer it that way.

Alright. So here we go.

This is the light that you need to find. It's right below the headlights. Yours may be clear or amber depending on the corner marker light housings you have. It just twists out. If you can't figure that out... Quit. Yeah it's a blurry pic.

Remove your light from the socket. Remove the black retainer from the opposite side of the plug. Use something like a thumbtack as pictured or something similar to push the tab in that's in the side slots.

After pushing in the tabs on the side you can then pull on the wire and remove all of this pictured as a whole. You will then want to wrap or solder your halo wires to the corresponding hot or ground wires as I have done here. In a nutshell, just match up the colors as best as you can on each side of the socket. Meaning Black goes to black. And whatever other color wire there is goes to brown. Also push the tabs back out slightly to their original position so they lock back in when you reinstall them.

You can then push the whole wire assembly back into the socket. Make sure they go back in the same way as you pulled them out. You'll here a click as those tabs snap into place to where they should be as you see in the picture. Reinstall your light into the socket and then back into the housings. Your halos should now come on whenever your marker lights are turned on. Not that hard right?

TEAM C6V6

Re: How to wire up halo headlights easily.

This should be a sticky btw.
    aswell as the other thread someone on here did...

PUT IT on the HOW TO section please!
    and you can delete my post on here afterwards
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

May be mine...I have been referencing this thread as well as mine a few times the past couple of days. Love these lights, but took mine off a few months ago.....still for sale on the site....
      2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

yeah I think it was yours.. both those threads needs to be stickeys
        MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

i for the love of god cannot get the the white plastic thing where the bulb sits in off of the rest of the wire to wrap the halo wire to the ground wire...help!
          Robby
          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
          sigpic

Comment

See the pic with the yellow pin? I'm pushing specifically in on this Tab that I've shown here..

That's the only tab holding the wires into the plastic housing. Push that in and pull at the same time.
            When you get one off you'll understand completely.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Hey. What is that DRL mod? Ive really wanted to be able to control my headlights manually even if it is dark outside. I dont want them to come on automatically.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

I believe there are two ways of doing this. The first way I am not sure of, but i thiink you do something with the wiring harness pin or the fuse. The way I did it was the plug behind the head unit. You remove the head unit and on the right hand side there is a black box with a wiring harness going into it. All you have to do is disconnect this harness (there may be 2). I did this about 5 years ago. I believe the only drawback to this is that the parking brake light does not illuminate. I am just going off of what I remember from about 5 years ago.
                  2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Yeah, just as 02CAMAROV6 said, there's a little black box that you just simply have to pull a plug out of.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Oh ok. Awesome. Thanks guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X