CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions

Well I finally got around to installing my CCFL Dual Halos on my 2002 Camaro...here is a breakdown of the install.

With the halos, I also got the blacked out turn signals and rear marker lights. Rear marker lights were installed in about 4 minutes. The corners took me about 5 minutes each. After struggling to install my clear corners a few years back, I have finally figured our a good system to removing and installing them. As for the headlights...they were a pain to install. The major downside of these headlights is the very poor fitament. After squeezing them in and barely getting the screw to hold them in attached, there were huge gaps all around. I did some reading around and found out a solution using a nylon spacer. I got a 3/8 inch spacer from Home Depot and it made a world of difference. To install it, you just have to remove the 2 screws on the top of the post in the picture, slide off the black piece, unscrew the post, put on the spacer, then reassemble. The side gaps are almost gone, and the bottom gaps are gone. It looks lined up, and a whole lot better than before.

I wired up the lights to a switch which I put in the empty slot next to the fog light rocker switch. I hooked up the power to an ACC wire and ran the wire from the lights through the firewall by the PCM, where I also ran my amp wire. I love that I am able to have everything light up independently.

My first impression of these lights is nothing but good. I absolutely love the color of the CCFL, and on my first few drives, I got a lot of looks. I didn't like the LEDs at first, but they are growing on me. One bad thing is the cut-off. I only drove in the dark after the initial shoddy install, but have not yet with the spacers in. Out of the box, the projectors are pointed way low, so I have to do a lot of adjustment. Also, the low beam buld is a kind that I have never seen before, and I am not sure if I can fit an HID bulb in there. Anyone that has hooked up HIDs in these projectors?

Overall, I am very happy with these lights. I really like the blacked-out look and the halos are really mean looking. They are worth the $230 I paid on eBay....just make sure you buy spacers.

PICS ARE UP IN POSTs 9-12!!
    Last edited by 02CAMAROV6; 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM.
    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Re: CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions

Originally posted by 02CAMAROV6 View Post
    After struggling to install my clear corners a few years back, I have finally figured our a good system to removing and installing them.
    care to share?
    mine are in the mail

by pics up shortly did you mean 10+ hours? lol
    we're anxious dammit we need pics!

Comment

pics or ban! :spank:

Comment

The bulbs are probably H3 or H4. You can definitely get HID's for those.
        Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Originally posted by StiLlsMoKiN875 View Post
          pics or ban! :spank:
          has anyone ever gotten baned from not posting pics?

Comment

halo's :mad:
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i want to see pics, we need a new forum rule, dont post unless you have the pictures!

just kidding but get them up soon

Comment

that would be the pic or ban rule.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Well, now that the anticipation (and anger haha) has risen, here are the pics. Sorry I didn't get them up sooner, I got sidetracked with other stuff. I took the car for a ride last night and since the adjustment, the low beams are projecting much higher now...almost perfect, maybe a bit too high. Still love the lights, and can't wait until I get HIDs.

As for the corners, I unscrewed the long bolt that attaches the fender to the front bumper support, and piece of metal. There are three pieces all sandwiched together. The metal piece had a lip on it that was interfering with the removal of the end of the clear corner assembly closest to the back of the car. I took a pliers and bent that piece of metal about 1/2 inch, just enough to slide the corner out. If you need a better description or pics, just let me know.

Before the adjustment:

Tabs are not all the way slid in

Wiring on the passenger side

The switch for the halos
                  Last edited by 02CAMAROV6; 07-01-2008, 01:01 PM.
                  2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Comment

Low Beams

High Beams

Comment

Here is what it looks like after the spacer was put in. Sorry for all the posts, but I am limited to 4 pics per post. I also included a pic of the bulb. It says it is an H4, but I have never seen a base like this before. I am used to seeing twist-in bases.

The low beam bulb

Comment

looks awesome... dual halos FTW

Comment

Man, you guys really ignore me. Pshhhhh. I had pics up 3 weeks ago. whateva!
                            Last edited by Blizzard242; 07-01-2008, 05:55 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Haha, hey Blizzard....I forget, did yours fit just fine, or did you have to make adjustments?? Is all of your rubber trim tucked under, or is some still sticking out like mine? Hey, thanks for putting up pics before, they are the factor that made me purchase mine. As far as the wiring write-up, it was very informative, but I really like having mine on a switch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X