HP tuners Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP tuners Q's

Just wondering how good of diagnostic tool is the hp tuner, im thinkin on ordering one and wanted to know how hard is it to use for a person with avg. knowledge on cars, like changing shift points and stuff? thx

Re: HP tuners Q's

its a very very good diagnostic tool, you can read codes, and what any sensor is reading. injector pulse, timing, knock retard, and many more.
    as far as changing things like shift points its not all that hard, there are bunches of forums/guides that tell you how do it.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Also, with the 8 credits that come with it, when i get the single vehical licence does this last forever, like i dont need to keep using credits everytime i use it or modify somthing do i?

Comment

Once you license that PCM/tune file you can make as many changes as you want. The only reason you would have to re license your own car is if you were to use a different PCM or try to load a tune from a different PCM into yours.
        sigpic

Comment

and fwiw it cost 2 credits to unlock your pcm, 2 credits to unlock most pcms.
          so if your like me i had a couple friends that needed easy stuff done like deleting codes, fan speeds, stuff like that. And they gave me $100 each for me to unlock their cars.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

so what sensors can be veiwed on a 97 firebird?? if anyone knows? I got permission to order one next week!!!!!

Comment

pretty much all of them

Comment

You should research and find out how the sensors you view can affect your engine. Id do alot of reading before trying anything

Comment

As long as you view the sensorswith the scanner , no damage can be done. But yes , before you start messing with the programing and flashing it then you need to read the tuning manuals first and understand what area does what when your tuning.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X