Ive been dring a stolen car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive been dring a stolen car

So i have bad news. My CAMARO was sadly pulled over the other day because of my tint, The officer asked for my id and my registration along with my proof of insurance. I complied with the officer and gave him the needed items. I sat in the car a good hour and the cop had returned, asked me to get out of the car and arrested me. I asked him what was the problem. He said. "you think you could get away with this?" i said/ WHOAH "what are you talking about, my family is in the automotive business, i would have no need to commit a crime dealing with vehicles, what wrong?" He said "well sir the car was reported stolen 4 years ago and the owner goes by the name of jason helson"

at this point. im racing through my head thinking hOW THE HELL this could happen to me.

to go back, i bought the car from a BUY HERE PAY HERE lot in tennessee. the general man. of the place is from the middle east, and carries a gun on him. he was selling the car for 4800 and i said. that was way to much. i said i could give him 1800 for the car and that was it. and oddly enough without hesitation, he said ok. I WAS LIKE! WHOLY CRAP! lol and i was real excited. so then he gave me a temp tag. at which last night he had said it had expired in _+_+_2000!!!!!!+_+_+_+_. so, in turn i wanted to kill him and yeah. the officer said that the id number on the tag didnt even match the bill of sale.

so he let me go. cause i gave him a few numbers to call.
    i told him to call my brother in law whom owns the local chevy and cadillac dealer, TURNS OUT!=]]] the cop had bought his first car from there and beleived everything. so he let me go.

so now im trying to decide on what to do.

i could maybe in fact go back to the dealer and tell them to give me 10 grand and another camaro, so i dont sue them. or idk..

ANY SUGGESTIONS!?????

Re: Ive been dring a stolen car

Title?
    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

nothing he says makes sense...
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

If your brother in law owns car dealerships why are you buying from a "buy here, pay here" lot???

:bs:

Comment

why would the dealer give you 10 grand and a new camaro?

it is your responsibility to make sure the car you are buying is in sound condition

if you have asked the seller if the car was stolen and he lied to you telling you it wasnt, then you could possible do something.. you are SOL now though

Comment

Originally posted by z38camaro View Post
            ANY SUGGESTIONS!?????
            Could spell driving correctly. ;)

Your story soundz kind of made up to me.
            Last edited by Leonard 3.8L; 06-11-2009, 07:42 AM.
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

This story doesnt add up.....

You're either lying about something, or leaving out vital parts of the story.

The other thing... Not to insult you directly, but are you an idiot?

No title? What about paperwork? offering 1800 for a 5000 dollar car and getting it accepted... You should have known something was up.

Temp tag expired almost 10 years ago? Seriously???? you didnt notice the temp tag was old?

I know in IL, its pretty freaking obvious when its up.

Why did you buy a car from a overnight joint when your brother owns a dealership???
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Dude go to college or something, cars are just not your thing.

Comment

^do you see it now?
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

They just had scams like that here in AZ that was on the news, people buying newer BMW's for like $4000 and newer Tahoes like $5000. Vehicles were towed right out of their driveway given back to their original owners because they were stolen and the people lost their vehicles because they never checked with the DMV(To get the title), I know I had my title as soon as I paid it off in 1999, I think the people on T.V knew there was something wrong but didn't want to admit it because then they would get hit with buying stolen goods. If you buy a almost new car for 1/3 third of the price and there is nothing wrong with it, in law books there is something called what a Prudent person would do (meaning a normal person in that situation) if the price seems to good to be true than it probably is.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have had my title in hand since i have owned it....
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                        This story doesnt add up.....

You're either lying about something, or leaving out vital parts of the story.

The other thing... Not to insult you directly, but are you an idiot?

No title? What about paperwork? offering 1800 for a 5000 dollar car and getting it accepted... You should have known something was up.

Temp tag expired almost 10 years ago? Seriously???? you didnt notice the temp tag was old?

I know in IL, its pretty freaking obvious when its up.

Why did you buy a car from a overnight joint when your brother owns a dealership???
                        x2

And if it is true, then this is surely a good reason for anyone to always run a Carfax and Insurance History on a car they're looking in to buying. $30 is nothing compared to finding out you have a stolen car or pos.
                        '99 Camaro
                        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Fu(kin hajis
                          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                          2006 S60- Sold
                          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                            i have had my title in hand since i have owned it....
                            If I could of kept driving my 83' Cavilier , I would of waited and not bought a $17,800 New 96' Camaro with 18 miles on it , I'm the original owner. Actually I wish I would of kept the 75' Nova I had with a 350 in it I drove in High school , I should of kept it and modded the hell out of it.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i wish i still had my original beetle...it was sweet. i also wish i still had my dune buggy, it was fun...i just wish i could drive my firebird.
                              Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X