Trans-X(chemical) used in crank case - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans-X(chemical) used in crank case

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-X(chemical) used in crank case

After seeing my friends truck burn 6 quarts of oil in a week, i asked him. what was the problem? (at first i had figured that his rings were COMPLETELY gone) He said "the valve seals were shot." To replace valve seals isnt a very hard task. just takes time and patience.

I had some good results in using a chemical called "trans X" in my transmission. I had some leaks and alot of slipping when i first bought the car. I threw 2 cans of trans x into the tranny and like a DREAM. it worked great. it basically eliminated my slip and NO leaks were visible.

after a few days of observing his problem with the TRUCK and his valve seals, i came to some crazy idea that MAYBE possibly by putting TRANS X into his vehicle. that MAYBE it would revive the seals and therefor reduce or takeaway the oil burn off.

he (the next day) was getting ready to leave and was low on oil. he ran into the garage and GRABED A BOTTLE OR TRANNY fluid. (im thinking like wow this guys is crazy) I asked him, why he was putting it in. he said "well it really doesent hurt any engine parts by topping off your engine with tranny fluid. i then came to the conclusion that MAYBE this trans x would work.

I took his car the next day to get something at walmart. while i was in there, i figured, ahh what the heck and grabbed to cans of "TRANS X" i when out side and dumped all of them into the engine fill hole.

(i never told him) He had planned on rebuilding the truck that following weekend. BUT low and behold. THE TRUCK has significantly REDUCED the burning of the oil. and NOW it hardly burns anything at all =] THANX! to

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TRANS X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be putting this into my camaro. to see if it takes away (week long sitting and then starts with burning oil) which is common with camaro's that get lots of rev's through out the week.

tell me what yall think
    Last edited by z38camaro; 06-21-2009, 04:44 PM.

Re: Trans-X(chemical) used in crank case

do you work for trans x or something?
    cause using trans fluid as engine oil isnt a very good idea at all
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 06-21-2009, 06:35 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

yes meatyshells. You are very correct when you say that isnt a very good idea.

and i AS well did notthink it was good either.
      but ive spoke to 3 or 4 master mechanics. and they said that topping off the oil (last quart or so) with tranny fluid really doesent hurt it at all.

transx is not a tranny fluid it is a chemical DESIGNED for reviving seals and removing varnish.

and no sir. i do not work for trans x.

Comment

Now that the Trans X had done its job, I would change the oil and see if it holds. Sounds like Trans X is just a seal conditioner. Kinda like the seal conditioners for AC systems. And hey, if it works, that's great. So, are valve seals made of rubber? Also, aren't there conditioners like this specifically made for use in the engine?
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by z38camaro View Post
          yes meatyshells. You are very correct when you say that isnt a very good idea.

but ive spoke to 3 or 4 master mechanics. and they said that topping off the oil (last quart or so) with tranny fluid really doesent hurt it at all.
          now i may be waaaay off base here, but usually i'll top off the last quart or so of my oil with....a quart or so of oil. lol
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
            now i may be waaaay off base here, but usually i'll top off the last quart or so of my oil with....a quart or so of oil. lol
            No Id say your dead on. Or 99.9999% of all other ppl are just weird. :D
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I recently changed the diff fluid using trans x positrac as the friction modifier. It was followed by an annoying knocking noise in the rear axle. After talking to tech support at auburn they immediately identified the culprit as the trans x. Dont use it in you rear diff.

Comment

I recently changed my engine oil with windhshield washer fluid, I mean... it does go in your car, and it cleans the windshield great, I just hope for the same outcome of my internal engine components, they will thank me later!

Time to go for a spirited drive with my new idea, by the way... I put some NOS Octane booster in my gas tank as well, 3 cans!

*Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                  I recently changed the diff fluid using trans x positrac as the friction modifier. It was followed by an annoying knocking noise in the rear axle. After talking to tech support at auburn they immediately identified the culprit as the trans x. Dont use it in you rear diff.
                  IIRC royal purple works wonders for the diff.

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                  I recently changed my engine oil with windhshield washer fluid, I mean... it does go in your car, and it cleans the windshield great, I just hope for the same outcome of my internal engine components, they will thank me later!
                  don't forget milk in your gastank!! lol
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                  gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

ha. now now guys. dont kill me now. I know it seems crazy retarted. but it does work. it honestly had no bad affects on the oil viscosity. now using tranx x in your diff? wouildnt recommend that. and the mechanics i talked to said that "topping off your oil with tranny fuild (being that you dont ahve any oil around) will not harm your engine. thats how i got the idea that maybe trans.x would work.

and yes. valve seals are rubber

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                      IIRC royal purple works wonders for the diff.

don't forget milk in your gastank!! lol
                      my laffy taffy lifters and chocolate pretzel rods just came in om nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                        do you work for trans x or something?
                        cause using trans fluid as engine oil isnt a very good idea at all
                        what?

people use trans fluid in engines all of the time

its mainly used for cleaning the engine out, but it is 100% safe

Comment

go ahead and fill your engine with trans fluid then i dont care.

Transmission fluid is a hydraulic fluid and motor oil is a lubricant. While transmission fluid does have some lubricating properties, it is not enough to sustain an engine.
                          Last edited by Meatyshells; 06-22-2009, 03:02 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

... and in the application that people use trans fluid in an engine, it's to help clean it because it has more detergents, and to be used on a short term basis only
                            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                              ... and in the application that people use trans fluid in an engine, it's to help clean it because it has more detergents, and to be used on a short term basis only
                              what he said.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X