What's wrong with this picture???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this picture???

Anyone know how this happens??? This clutch disk is only 6 or 7 months old :cry:. I was in the process of pulling off my slave cylinder and i decided to pull the pressure plate and flywheel off so I could go buy new bolts and then I saw this. So frustrated!!!
    Attached Files
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: What's wrong with this picture???

I'm going to take a guess you have been doing burnouts in the car, and have been racing it. At least your clutch is not as bad as mine. Mine crapped on me the very first time out. Did a hard launch and the clutch could not take it and it broke.

Comment

it's a spec clutch

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Since Im replacing my clutch along with my whole hydraulic system, I was looking at a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch kit. The problem is, I don't know what diameter clutch to get. Centerforce.com has one that's 9-11/16", and summit has one that's 9.062", and one thats 11". My SPEC clutch was 9-3/8".
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

centerforce is what i have and love it. This is the one i bought from summit

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...DF504076&dds=1
          Last edited by Meatyshells; 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Yeah, that's the one that's 9.062". Its only $359.95 compared to my SPEC 2 which was like $385 or something.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Ok, so I'm in kind of a bind now, I couldn't get the new clutch because of bills, and it dosnt look like ill be getting one in the next week or 2 either. I got written off to return to work by my dr, and I have to drive about 50-60 miles to and from work each day. So I was wondering, what would happen if I pried the rest of those springs out of my clutch and ground down those tabs that hold them in, and re-install the clutch disk in my car??? I'm desperate to get it going.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                Ok, so I'm in kind of a bind now, I couldn't get the new clutch because of bills, and it dosnt look like ill be getting one in the next week or 2 either. I got written off to return to work by my dr, and I have to drive about 50-60 miles to and from work each day. So I was wondering, what would happen if I pried the rest of those springs out of my clutch and ground down those tabs that hold them in, and re-install the clutch disk in my car??? I'm desperate to get it going.
                you would get unbelievable chatter if you did that

Comment

I had a Spec 3+ with ceramic disc and it held my 300 wrhp just fine until the 3rd gear broke. When I sold my newer replacement 00' M5 the Spec 3 + still looked good with 15,000 miles on it, this is when I went with a auto do to medical problems and the autos hold more power than M5's. Also its how you drive it , no burnouts or dounuts for me , just reg. driving and some peeling out some times. To reduce chatter I had to give it more gas when coming out from a stop , after that it was pretty smoth and sharp shifts.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if money is tight i would just go an buy a stock replacement clutch. think around $150?
                    because i dont think that clutch is reusable

or you may be able to just purchase a new disk to use with the same pressure plate, if the pressure plate still looks good

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                      you would get unbelievable chatter if you did that
                      Is that because of the characteristics of the clutch, or the shock from releasing the pedal without those springs???
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X