custom true dual day1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom true dual day1

im kinda of learning as i go, i just bought the welder like 2 weeks ago. Im slowly fabbing up an exhaust.

First problem is that my long tubes come out at angles like this. \ /

so i had to make them straight and weld some collector flanges on them.

Tomorrow im going to be adding some length to the arms of the xpipe so it meets up with the headers.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: custom true dual day1

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Nice. Keep us posted. I might want to use that setup. However, I have one question. Wouldn't the x pipe setup interfere with the drive shaft and other components in that area?

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
      Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Originally posted by 3800SoloWing View Post
        Nice. Keep us posted. I might want to use that setup. However, I have one question. Wouldn't the x pipe setup interfere with the drive shaft and other components in that area?
        I was thinking the same thing. I understand the point of an X-pipe, but I think its overused in the market. An X-pipe can be easily replaced by something like an H style crossover, anything that will equalize the pressure more or less. I think the X takes up too much room. Looks good though.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

it will be ok once im done with it

Comment

Looks good... any clearance issues so far, not with DS etc. but ground clearance that you've noticed?
            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

donts look like it. shouldnt be any worse then my previous setup. And the mufflers im using are rather skinny. Only 3.25'' thick

Comment

are you gonna be hanging it with the stock hooks?, and cherry bombs, i want to hear what its gonna sound like

Comment

hope your using stainless everything under there or your gonna get a serious rust problem
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Good luck with those cherry bombs. I've had nothing but problems with them; the one I had on the 'Maro ended up tearing itself apart. The casing began tearing in 3 different places; got it welded together and added another hanger just for it to do the same thing a month or so later. Switched to a Hooker, and that muffler is ALOT beefier. 2x the weight easily though :(
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

that looks pretty awesome meaty, keep upating.
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                        hope your using stainless everything under there or your gonna get a serious rust problem
                        it's alumized steel so it wont, and ill probably spray paint the welds to seal them

Comment

Look'n good. Are you going to use gas when you do the welds? One thing about AZ rust is no issue.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's awesome that you're doing it yourself.
                            Much prop to you.

WHat's the size of those tubes?

Since you already have the long tube headers I beat your car is going to be loud.

Post some sound clip once you finish.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

the tubing is 2.25''

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X