True duals build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True duals build thread.

No pictures yet. All I've got done is put on my aluminum driveshaft with new u-joints and took off my old exhaust. (Stock piping !cat magbaflow muffler) I will try and get some pictures as I will be working on it tomorrow. Gonna be mig welding everything.. Going with : pipe and summit turbos for now
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: True duals build thread.

No internet connection besides my cell phone right now so still no pictures. But I will try tomorrow. I got it all fitted up today and tacked together. I am going to weld everything tomorrow and see how my clearance and everything is. I will try to post a video if I get done tomorrow
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Nice , will be interesting to see how the Summit turbos sound, I know they are mellow the one I had so I think it should so pretty damm good.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yea I started it up tacked and it sounded good besides the thousands of exhaust leaks :p

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

how did you do your bends and what not? details man!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

ok so i got everything done. but before i had started my build it was misfiring and i didn't think much of it bc it was really wet out and the plugs get a little wet sometimes. i took it for a test (was scraping one muffler real bad lol) and it was doin it still, so i drove about a mile and it got better and didnt do it. rasised the mufflers, test drove, no misfiring. took it into town, misfired the whole way. esp when i stepped on it, wasnt too bad just cruisin. Then, im over at someones house for a few hours, go outside, and it wont start. It did this to me before and i think it was some security BS, but i dont see the light flashing so IDK. and when i say it won't start i mean it dont turn over or anything. Tried jumping it, nothing. so i unhooked the battery and i'm gonna try it today. I'll get my pictures and stuff when i get everything figured out. I got college and high school everyday though so this really sucks. But i dont think its related to teh exhaust...idk

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              how did you do your bends and what not? details man!
              I didnt really need to bend anything honestly. There was enough wiggle rooms to weld at slight angles so that worked great.

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Nice , will be interesting to see how the Summit turbos sound, I know they are mellow the one I had so I think it should so pretty damm good.
                my car has summit turbos on it and you have heard my car

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

^i wanna mimic your set up when i get my bird done. i love the way it sounds. the pace setters will make a slight difference in sound over the LT's right?
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                    my car has summit turbos on it and you have heard my car
                    Yours sucks,LOL J/K It really sounds great when you left it sounded real good in person, but mine is still better.LOL Actually you won't be able to hear mine after the turbo is on.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                      ok so i got everything done. but before i had started my build it was misfiring and i didn't think much of it bc it was really wet out and the plugs get a little wet sometimes. i took it for a test (was scraping one muffler real bad lol) and it was doin it still, so i drove about a mile and it got better and didnt do it. rasised the mufflers, test drove, no misfiring. took it into town, misfired the whole way. esp when i stepped on it, wasnt too bad just cruisin. Then, im over at someones house for a few hours, go outside, and it wont start. It did this to me before and i think it was some security BS, but i dont see the light flashing so IDK. and when i say it won't start i mean it dont turn over or anything. Tried jumping it, nothing. so i unhooked the battery and i'm gonna try it today. I'll get my pictures and stuff when i get everything figured out. I got college and high school everyday though so this really sucks. But i dont think its related to teh exhaust...idk
                      trying to resolve this still. im so pissed

New Time:
                      15.11@91.14
                      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

hmm. your ignition control module could be FIZ-ucked.
                        could in fact be your battery.

Comment

Not the battery. Havin it looked at tomorrow. I guess we,ll see. Idk how the ICM could just go out completely all of a sudde,. And I looked at it and the misfire was bc of a plug wire melted to my headers

New Time:
                          15.11@91.14
                          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

make sure the connection on the battery is good,the part that screws into the battery were messed up on mine and it kept doing the same thing

Comment

Everything electric works perfect except for starting turning over etc. Bat is not the problem I had tested likr a month ago anyways

New Time:
                              15.11@91.14
                              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X