I gotta sell the Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta sell the Firebird

After calculating medical costs, and not having ANY luck finding a job, I am coming close to having to sell my Firebird. I was starting my apprenticeship in January, but because of the 12 ER visits, and the almost $6000 accrued from those visits, I had to re-commence my training in April. Also, because of my unemployment running out several weeks ago, I am on my last dime.

I tried to find a job for the two months I was off, only to almost never get a callback. I would have second and third interviews for simple jobs from placement agencies, only to not get a callback from them either, or making me jump thru hoops for a $7 an hour job an hour away in the south suburbs. And because of the unemployment running out, and me having three months of unpaid training at a school 30 miles away for 8 1/2 hours a day, I have no money left. So, unless one of these part time places calls back, like Advance Auto Parts, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Dominicks, or Jewel, I will have to sell the Firebird. What kills me is that a messed up part time job like Lowes has me waiting for a second interview, and then after that, possibly a third. In the meantime, im broke as hell. So if anyone might be interested in the car, here is the post....

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=78834

This is honestly depressing. I own almost nothing, and what little I own I have to sell off just to make ends meet, because finding a job in Chicagoland is harder than not getting arrested for murder. I guess I am curious when whatever higher power will stop beating the living **** outta me whenever I try to take a step forward. Its always been one step forward, two steps back. Just sucks I guess.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Re: I gotta sell the Firebird

It may not seem like it now, but things will eventually work out for you. Keep teh faith, and think of this as a test, for greater rewards will await you.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

**** man, you really can't find a break at all... thats horrible news... hopefully something comes up for you and you get back on your feet ASAP!! good luck man!!!
      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

has anyone on this board had any good news in like the last 2 months????

Comment

I hope everything works out...

I'm broke as hell, but for some reason I'm hanging on to my car (you probably have bills and other **** older people have to pay tho)...there's a way to keep somehow, good luck finding a job...
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

This is sad news Wes :(

Good luck getting a job man. I wish you the best.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              has anyone on this board had any good news in like the last 2 months????
              yes, I get my divorce hearing on 2 May, but this is about Wes.
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

:( .. sucks

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Sorry to hear about it... don't sweat medical bills too much. I still owe a ton, so I went out and bought a 2nd money pit of a car... :)

most medical bills show up on credit reports but don't affect anything.

PS to anyone doesn't have it, go out and get medical insurance, preferably good medical insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                    PS to anyone doesn't have it, go out and get medical insurance, preferably good medical insurance.
                    QFMFT
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

sucks dude. finding a job anywhere right now seems to be a *****. it took me close to 3 months to find something. i applied for close to 30 jobs and heard back from 3. one i wasted 25 bucks in gas just to go fill out the application and go thru the interveiw crap just to be told they filled the spot a day later. the job i do have, i dont want, but i wasnt in a position to be picky so i took it. take what you can get, it seems easier to get another job when you have one.

keep at it, something will come up.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                        This is honestly depressing. I own almost nothing, and what little I own I have to sell off just to make ends meet, because finding a job in Chicagoland is harder than not getting arrested for murder. I guess I am curious when whatever higher power will stop beating the living **** outta me whenever I try to take a step forward. Its always been one step forward, two steps back. Just sucks I guess.

I can't let this go - READ

http://cornerstonebooks.net/

http://jamesallen.wwwhubs.com/think.htm

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                          QFMFT
                          definitely...

i come home one day from work, scratch my nuts notice a bump... next thing i know I wasn't working for 7 months, had ~$192,000 in medical debt, roughly $15k in regular debt(lived off credit cards while I had no income) and then my clutch took a dump in the camaro...

I am doing much better now... and got most of the debt taken care of, but still hurting from it, and working like a whore to get things fixed.

yeah... and pretty much screwed up my college plans.

Comment

why robert, who knew you were a "laws of attraction", "power of positive thinking" kind of guy :D

I have to for the most part agree with that stuff but I think they make it much too complicated. If you really want something you will find a way to get it, if you don't get it then you really didn't want it bad enough.

Anyway back to the OP, sorry to hear about your problems man, if you want something bad enough you will get out there and make it happen.
                            -Brad
                            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                            :rock:

Comment

Hittin' close to home. This was me ten years ago. Lost college plans, broke, owed everybody. It was hard times for sure, sucked ***... but I kept diggin', kept my head up... all that jazz, now my live is a complete 180. You keep diggin' too, bro. Things will turn for you too if you keep your head straight ahead and don't look back.
                              Last edited by Bonemaro; 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X